I Have To Shop for a New Phone.....


(Editor's Note: I have a new job where I work on Sunday mornings. That's when I used to write this blog. I heard from some people who told me they read it, and missed it. That makes me feel good. So when I have something to say - I'll post it here.)

Phones have become a close personal item. Other than, maybe your underwear, I don't know of any item you keep with you all the time. It's like having the Library of Congress next to your ass. I can find out most anything in seconds. I can communicate with my friends and family. It's got all the features I could ever want or need. And you can take pictures - anytime and anywhere.

One of the first pics I took with my present phone.
My phone takes great pictures. In fact. I'm pretty sure my phone takes better pictures than your phone. You can make fun all you want about my phone not being one of the "name brands", but it takes some great pics. But unfortunately, it's time may be coming to an end.

The one thing that makes all those great features run is power - the battery. All batteries have a usable life. and it's not designed to be replaced. Mine is a few years old now I guess. I usually plug it into the charger overnight. Then I would have a full charge when I start my day. But now, after charging overnight the display will say I'm about 60% charged. That probably won't get me through the whole day. So it's time to start shopping.

My previous Blu Phone was one of
thinnest at the time.
I'm starting to look around now to see what's new and improved. So about now, most of you are saying, "Why don't you just get an iPhone? It's the most popular phone in the world." I know, I know. But I'm an android guy. It's to late for me to change now. I know what they do, and how to work them. If there's anything important I'm missing, don't tell me.

When I shop for a phone I try to look for a good value. I'm sure those Samsung phones are great. Just like Google, LG, and others. But for $600 to over $1,000? You've got to be kidding me. It would make be nervous to carry around something that expensive. Don't tell me about payment plans either. Unless I can live in it, or drive it, I'm not a big fan of payment plans. So I will look for something moderately priced.

My present phone is made by ZTE. That's not a major brand, but it has been in the news. They were banned for sale in the U. S. for a time because of their involvement in spying or selling secret technology. Before that, I had a phone that was made by Blu Technologies. They made pretty good phones, but their main feature was that they were "unlocked". You could use their phones for virtually any carrier.

The other problem when you get a new phone is transfering your contacts, texts, and pictures. I think my pictures are now saved to "the cloud" automatically. But I still like to look at them for the memories.

As I write this, I'm not sure what I will buy. But it won't cost $1,000. Maybe  I'll text you to let you know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog