What Would Your Tattoo Say.....


The subject of tattoos is pretty controversial. You either love 'em or hate 'em.  They are also generational. Back in the day, the only people that had tattoos were bikers. Also, no woman you wanted to talk to had a tattoo. But that's all changed now.

Starting about 20 years ago, tattoos became stylish, even fashionable. I don't know what started the popularity. I imagine it's just another way to express your individuality. Many people in the military have tattoos to memorialize the bond for their branch of service. Others have something to remember a member of their family. Still others have a Bible verse. Now, it's not uncommon to have artwork in general injected into your skin.

They are so popular now it's now more common for people of a certain age to have a tattoo than not. When I was younger, my generation didn't get tattoos. Instead, we grew long hair and some type of facial hair to express yourself. It was a way to say I'm not part of "the establishment", or the older generation. I don't know why tattoos are so popular as they are today. But people that get them are obviously committed to them.

Recently I was talking with a young friend and co-worker of mine. You need to know three things about her. She's smart., she's very attractive, and she has ink all over her arms. Whatever her reasons, she told me she would be getting yet another tattoo. This one would include a phrase on it. Honestly, I can't remember what it was, and that's the problem. If you're going to have something written into your skin for the rest of your life, it should be memorable. That got me thinking.

Clever. 
What would be a good phrase to use for a tattoo? I think it should be inspirational. It wouldn't hurt if it was clever, and slightly intelectual. But you have to be careful because it's going to be there forever. I was at a reunion once and I was talking to a classmate that also had a tattoo on her arm. She told me it was to remember her son that had died. She told me a story so tragic it had me in tears. I don't think I want to remember such pain and misery every time I would look at a tattoo. Also, Angelina Jolie had to have a tattoo dedicated to her husband removed because the tattoo lasted longer than the marriage.

So I did research, (google), for famous quotations. But you don't want something too long. You might run out of skin. There are lots of sayings and quotations I like, I just wouldn't want a tattoo of it. Finally I found something that's inspirational, witty, and true. If I ever got a tattoo, it might say something like this:

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
EVEN THE WORD SAYS I'M POSSIBLE 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog