Should I Buy an Indians Ticket Plan?.....

As I write this it's about 57° on the last day of January. That can only get me thinking about Spring. The other day I was thinking that I can't wait to get out riding my bike again. A year ago at this time a bike was the last thing on my mind. Sorta' like buying Indians tickets are now.

But Spring definitely gets me thinking about Baseball. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just people my age. But Spring and Baseball goes together like peanut butter and jelly. In one of my older blogs, I revealed that down deep, baseball was my favorite sport. It's what I grew up with. It was a different time, but I can't remember a summer day that I wasn't playing ball with neighbors or friends. (Watch the movie Sandlot.) My baseball glove, and baseball cards, were my most prized possessions. I also loved going to a few Indians games a year. Even though they were usually crappy.

As my regular readers will know, I became a member of
Nothing like this at Indians games.
Wine and Gold United, the Cleveland Cavaliers ticket group. I joined that for a few reasons. Primarily because the Cavs have a great chance of becoming NBA Champs this season. I want to be there when it happens. I also dream about being older, and telling kids the story of the championship.
   "You were there, old-timer?" they would ask.
   "Yeah kid. Let me tell you about Lebron, Kyrie, and Love," I would begin.

But baseball, and the baseball season, are night and day different from basketball games. Basketball is almost nonstop action. Great athleticism. Usually great excitement in the crowd. Flames. Beautiful cheerleaders. The games are mostly during the winter, when there's nothing better to do.

Republicans nominated Abe during a game.
Baseball runs from April through September. Nothing's better than enjoying a summer day with friends and family watching and talking about the game. Nothing's worse than sitting at a cold, wet game in April, talking about how miserable you are. But baseball itself lends itself to conversation. There's time to talk about the last pitch, the next pitch, the strategy, and history. No game lends itself to history like baseball does. Even Abe Lincoln used to play. Detailed statistics have been kept on games since then.

But anyway, here's the Indians ticket plans in a nutshell. You can buy full season: 81 games, a half season of 40, and quarter season package of 20 games. You can get box seats (expensive), reserved seats (moderate), or bleacher seats (cheap). The Indians price weekend games at a higher price than weekday games. You can choose a package of primarily weekend or weekday games. I could actually go to 20 weekday Indian games in the bleachers, cheaper than 10 Cavalier games.

Francisco Lindor: so young - so good.
The Indians do offer flexible games. So if you can't make it to one game, you can choose another. They also offer perks like discounts on parking. That's a big deal actually. Parking at Cavs games has become a real pain in the ass.  The Indians have also been making changes to the park lately. They seem to want you to move around during the game and visit specialty bars and restaurants with local specialties.

As for the team itself? They seem to have a deep pitching staff, and some good young players. But a championship?  Don't hold your breath.


So at the end of the day, should I get an Indian ticket plan? Will I?
Magic 8- ball sez - probably not.
But if there's somebody that wants to split a package with me.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog